Six types of membership are available.
- Student members include marine teachers in training at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Associate members include member's partners or interested people.
- Organisational members include staff members of government departments, other organisations or businesses with an interest in marine education. Limited to 5 per organisation.
- School Membership A. Available to schools who have 1 or 2 teachers at their school. Members are able to take advantage of ordinary member opportunities.
- School Membership B. Available to schools who have 3 or more teachers at their school. Members are able to take advantage of ordinary member opportunities.
Life Membership is conferred at our annual conference and is for extraordinary service to the association.
How to join
Existing members nominate all new members. If you don't know anyone, we can arrange your nomination. Just email us at email@example.com. Note that voting rights are exclusively reserved for practicing marine studies teachers.
- Practicing marine studies teachers in Schools A or B are classed as ordinary members and have to contact the school marine studies coordinator who will add their name to a school list of members.
- Other members of staff such as the lab assistant or janitor can become a member under a school membership, but cannot vote.
- No voting rights apply to student, associate or organisational memberships and ordinary members are identified as practicing marine teachers in Queensland.
- Organisations wishing to renew, please contact our office and we will arrange for an invoice.